Do you know that there are many ways to see my counselor,
1. I can ask to go to her office.
2.My teacher can send me.
3.You can ask that I go.
4.Mrs. Cieri can invite me to visit.
The Guidance Program includes the following:
Peacemaker Program - ElementaryPeer Mediation in Practice is a program which enables children to resolve their own problems quickly, fairly and peacefully. Children in conflict are empowered when they no longer have to resort to such unproductive strategies as name calling, blaming, tattling or aggressive behavior.
Peacemaking Skills for Little Kids- The "I-Care Cat" series teaches the true value of self and the importance of having friends, of sharing, and of working together peacefully.
Banana Splits - These groups were formed to help children adjust to the divorce of their parents. The sharing of emotions and peer support received is invaluable to the children.
Individual Counseling -The primary goal of our program is to enhance the positive self-conception every child. We believe that children who feel good about themselves will perform better academically.
1. Take time to cool off.
2. Each person states their feelings and the problem as they see it using "I Messages." No blaming, no name calling, no interrupting.
3. Each person states the problem as the other person sees it.
4. Each person says how they are responsible for the problem.
5. Brainstorm solutions together and choose a solution that satisfies both a Win/Win solution.
6 Affirm, forgive or thank your partner.
THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN TO MRS. CIERI'S OFFICE!