Mrs. Reggiani, Mrs. Venezia
and Ms. Donnellon
Everything you need to know…you learned in Kindergarten!
Some parents may think kindergarten is mostly “playtime." Actually, kindergarten children are learning many important skills!
It is a time of wonder, discovery and growth.
Here’s what you might see if you peeked into a typical classroom:
- Children learning how to solve conflicts peacefully: getting along with others, taking turns and sharing help us become good citizens and develop good manners.
- Problem solving and math: shapes, patterns, graphing, comparing numbers, number formation, skip counting, addition and subtraction.
- Self-esteem and writing skills: acknowledging our strengths, letter forms and sounds, consonants and vowels, punctuation and sentence writing.
- Reading skills: Reading and listening to a variety of stories from different genres, development of literary skills, high frequency word recognition.
- Students exploring nature and enjoying art and books: investigating the world around us, recording data, and evaluating hypotheses.
Whatever the day, our Kindergartners are busy finding out how fun learning can be. We love getting to know your children, and watching them grow just warms our hearts!
One two pocket folder (labeled with your child's name)
Smock for art (labeled )
Headphone ( please send these in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child's name)
Any other supplies needed will be included in your child's summer letter from his or her teacher.
Thank you so much for all that you do, and for sharing your child with us!