Welcome to Mt. Tabor Elementary School!
Dear Parent/Legal Guardian,
On behalf of the staff at Mount Tabor School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2015-16 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the
responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we
will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you
guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to work hard and succeed in school
We ask that you consider joining our PTA. The meetings are held in the media center on the first Monday of each month beginning at 7:30 PM. We have a number of exciting activities planned throughout the year. Please make sure to check our calendar for these events. Our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations.
In addition, we would like to encourage all parents to attend our Back to School Night scheduled on September 16th at 6:45 PM. This will be a great opportunity to meet your child’s teachers and find out what your child is expected to do and how we can work together to help him/her reach his/her education goals. We hope to see you there.
Our wonderful staff and I feel privileged to be apart of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you. Best wishes for a memorable and successful school year.
Mt. Tabor School, where small feet take giant steps towards the future.